Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Family Room Update (New Curtains!)

Finally! I finally pulled the trigger and got new curtains. I’ve been slowly decorating our tv room since we moved in and replacing the old, just-bought-them-caught-they-were-on-sale curtains was long overdue.

I had no idea what tdo do with curtains to cover our 11 foot window so I blogged about it and asked for advice. I received many helpful comments, and a detailed email from my aunt that was so smart and full of great suggestions that I think she should probably be writing this blog :) 

As a reminder, here are the oldies.

IMG_4755
And here are the newbies.

IMG_5343
IMG_5347  
I love them! I love the texture of the linen fabric, the subtle pattern, and how light and airy they make this huge room feel.

IMG_5368
They diffuse the sunlight but still let enough natural light to hang out in there without the lamps turned on.

I also like how they are no longer Urkel’s pants, but gather a bit on the floor. I’m just worried the cats are going to love that too.

Cat view.

IMG_5350
And for good measure, here is the before and after.

curtains-tvroom
(The updated photos to the right of the curtains help too. I learn over and over the importance of scale.)

I hope you love them as much as I do! Oh! I almost forgot. They’re from West Elm, called the Bamboo printed curtain panel. I think they’re on sale right now.

Now, my Aunt Bonnie really did have some blog-worthy advice about choosing curtains, so I’ll share her tips with you soon! I was just anxious to show off my new purchase :)

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. These look great! I love how light and airy they are. I also really like the photo update -- you're right, the new ones are a great scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! I like the linen-ness of them and the subtle gray print. I love that you said the former curtains were like "Urkel pants". :) That's seriously the best way to describe short curtain panels.
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great!! They really go well in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them too! Can't wait to read your aunt's tips - I have a super-long window that isn't quite being covered by our 'moved-here-with-them' curtains, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your tips. I need to tackle window treatments in our family room, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on replacing your old curtains! Your new one is in coherence with your color scheme and the feel of the room. With filtered light passing through your new curtains, it gives a vibrant, yet calm feeling on the room. Curtains function as insulators, and they give privacy to the homeowner. Your new curtain certainly does that! :)

    Roxie Tenner @ Windo Treatments Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.
    พี่มากพระโขนง

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP