Sunday, June 17, 2012

Easy, Delicious Frozen Dessert

Last weekend I was at my parent’s house and one of their friends made a wonderful, super easy, three ingredient dessert. Its so easy, I went home and recreated it the next day because I was dying to share it with you guys.

When I went through the check out line at New Seasons the cashier knew what I was making, so maybe I’m the only one whose never heard of this? Anyway, I don’t know what it is called, so I’ll call it Ginger Dessert (because the woman who made it is called Ginger, not because it tastes like ginger!)

frozen-berry-dessert
Frozen Ginger Dessert

Three ingredients
Pie Crust (I used graham cracker crust but you could use chocolate too depending on the flavor of the filling)
Flavored Yogurt (2 6-ounce containers)
1 container of cool whip (I used New Seasons’ “natural” version and it worked well also)

frozen-berry-dessert 
Instructions

1. Put yogurt and whipped topping in a bowl and wisk together until well-mixed.
frozen-summer-dessert
2. Put yogurt/whipped topping mixture in the pie crust.
frozen-dessert
3. Freeze (recommended for at least 3 hours).
frozen-cool-whip-dessert
(Took this one out of the freezer a little early.) 

4. (If you want) garnish with fruit or other toppings.
 IMG_4967
That’s it! Its really that simple. Its creamy and delicious but lighter than ice cream which is great for summer.

I used marionberry yogurt but you could try any flavor your little heart desires. My mom and I both think using key lime yogurt would be delish. (Ginger recommends 3 yogurts if you do that so you don’t lose the tartness of the key lime.)

What is your favorite summer dessert?

x

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I have made this simple recipe many times. Always a winner during the summer when a cool treat is needed. Thanks for sharing. I have put fruit in the pie too. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for this non-recipe recipe. I already have the crust in my pantry to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine went to New Seasons today at lunch time and I had him pick up their "Truwhip". Now to make the crust and get the yogurt. All I have is Costco's plain Greek that I mix-in flavors. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, and haven't ever heard of the Truwhip at New Seasons. Will have to try it all!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP