Thursday, April 5, 2012

Beautiful DIY Wall Art by Allison (at Two Thirty Five Designs)

Howdy howdy howdiiieeee.

I am giddy to be guest posting for Katie, so much so, it took me forever to get this post up. Yup, that's how awesome I am...pshhhh.. How awesome I am not.

I am Allison over at Two Thirty Five Designs. I am painter, for reelz, wannabe crafter, pretend to be able to cook, obsessed with furniture and fashion, avid music listener and have somehow managed to have three offspring. Rock on. We get our hands in just about everything we can, (most recently for me is Stella & Dot, oh so badd, but ohh soo good all rolled into one) and one of those is real estate. So guess what? We move. A. Lot. Over. And. Over. I think it's been 15 or 16 in almost 13 years. I’ve started to not count, kind of like with our cars, hmmm...anywho...

I am always changing stuff and totally changed styles in this current house, so here is an itsy, bitsy look into it. Enjoy.

Don't worry...I don't have any aquariums in my house. I have just been OBSESSED with this idea since I first saw a picture of it, and haven't been able to forget it. I knew I wanted to something similar, just not actually attach it to the wall like Kara did. I wanted it to look like a piece of finished art, because 1.we move quite often, 2.didn't think the Mister would like the idea of 687 holes in the wall, he can tend to be a bit whacko... and 3.Our entry is super tall so I really needed height and not drop our mortgage payment on something I will get tired of in 38 days....not literally, but kind of....
anyshwayzzzz.... moving on

I am digging how Kara's lighting really reflects on her art, and I am getting there, I am planning on replacing the entry light, just ran out of time. Also, I noticed she traced and cut her circles, which is hawwwesome that she has stick-tuitivness, but I don't....and I have a circle cutter I use for banners, party on wayne...party on garth. I HIGHLY recommend this, got mine at hobby hell, er..uh, Hobby Lobby. I think it runs around $20 buckaroos, but with the 40% off coupon, it's umm, less than that.

I knocked these babies out in about three days of NOT consistently cutting. I used 19 sheets of posterboard. I figured it up, by now you know how well my math is, and knew I needed 687 circles.

Here is less than half, a tad depressing...



Layed out about 1/16th to paint. FYI they fly around like little gnats with spray paint...


So on to attaching them first. I opted for mdf board, thicker, heavier, mayyyybe won't start to bend? Whatevs...


Drew out my lines so I would stay straight and even. SO glad I took the time to do this!


All stapled on, NOW I can start to paint, again...sheesh...


Wanted trim to make it look 'finished', and it was too thick for glue, mixed with running out of time and being impatient equals a girl using the staple gun...



Wanted more 'texture' and a tad bit of greenery...


Garnish anyone?











LOVING all the textures here together...


Should I say it looks like waves with the scales? Nah... I'm not that deep..


I HEART this console from IKEA. Definitely one of my fav's in the house.


Love the shape...


Many, many thanks to Katie over at Newcomb Home for letting me guest post this. I truly look up to you and admire everything you do!!
To many more, A


Thanks so much Allison for sharing your fantastic art and entry way! It was so fun having you here today! Everyone, please go say hi to Allison over at Two Thirty Five Designs! Pin It

1 comment:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP