Friday, January 6, 2012

Best DIY Projects of 2011

 

I’m jumping on the trend I’ve seen on many blogs and sharing my top 10 projects (of my own. The list of fave projects from other bloggers is too long!).

Here is look back on 2011 for Newcomb Home. Not to be upstaged by my look forward toward 2012, which I’ll share on later this week.

Top 10 Projects (based on page views)

Turn Old Wine Bottles Into Water Pitchers (Its Easy!)

DSCN1680



Say Goodbye to the Naked Wall 




How to Make Your Own Napkin Rings 



make napkin rings


Slithery Snake Wreath (Halloween decor)

snake-wreath


Useful Art for the Kitchen




How 8 Cans of Spray Paint Updated an Entire Room

 


DSCN1456-1

How to Make an Ice Bucket (Bring on the mimosas!)

 


krylon-1


How to Make a Snowflake Wreath

snowflake-wreath-christmas


A Trick to Make Spray Painting Hardware a Cinch 

spraypaint hardware


Bathroom Vanity (almost) Complete


 
bathroom-before-after


I saw Allison at House of Hepworths thanked her top referrer. What a great idea! So of course I’m ‘borrowing’ it. Thanks Allison!

The following blogs/websites were my top referrers of 2011 (since I signed up for Google Analytics which was mid-March). This doesn’t include Google or Pinterest, of course. Some of these referrals are from link parties and some are features. Either way, ‘meeting’ new readers is exciting so THANK YOU to:

Thrifty Decor Chick
Re-Nest
Oh Dee Doh
The DIY Showoff
The Inspired Room
House of Hepworths 
Home Stories A to Z 
Someday Crafts
Centsational Girl
Tip Junkie 

And last but certainly not least, thank you to all the Newcomb Home readers out there. While I started this blog to document the process of our home renovation, the fact that some people out in the interwebs actually read it makes me so happy! I very much appreciate your comments, tips, and support (and your patience for my grammar!). Thank you Thank you Thank you! Please pour yourselves a glass of wine or a shot of tequila, on me ;)

On Wednesday I’ll be back talking about my goals for 2012. House goals of course, blogging goals, money goals, and the yearly “I swear this is the year I lose 20 pounds” goals :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Sharing at

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I have loved reading your blog and seeing all of your great projects :) Looking forward to 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, Happy New Year and sorry I've been so absent! As fellow Portland area bloggers, we should get together for drinks or dinner. Just a thought! (OK... now I sound like a stalker! Sorry!)

    Stef at TooMuchToDoSoLittleTime.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I was one of your top 10 referrers! What an honor!!! I really loved all your top projects last year and I'm looking forward to all your new creations this year.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP