Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 Goals for Newcomb Home (and the people who live in it)

Well, really, just me.

Matt got a new job. I signed him up for a kitchen remodel and he’s playing basketball, soccer, and dodgeball. So I think that’s probably enough for him :)

Me however, I need to declare some goals. I need to shout them from the rooftops and have you lovely readers
hold me accountable.
I’ve been thinking about a post from Layla at the
The Lettered Cottage about choosing one word for the year. Almost instantly, I knew my word.

Consistent.

Usually when I try things (working out, going to bed early, staying organized), I’m so excited about it at first, I do it All. The. Time. But then, my excitement fades and I give up. Not entirely, but I feel like I end up half-assing things.

Like this blog.

When I first started it was so fun! (By the way, it still is. Just time consuming.) I love ‘meeting’ readers and sharing parts of our life with all of you. Problem was, I tried to post every day, stayed up too late, got out of shape and annoyed my husband. It definitely conflicted with my ‘go to bed early’ mantra :)

So, my 2012 goal for the blog (and my life) is to be consistent. And the key to that is to also be realistic.

So I am not going to try and blog everyday. Or work out everyday. Just like I won’t run a full marathon, lose 35 pounds, or save all of our money.

But I can lose some weight, get in shape, increase our savings, and blog.  Consistently.

Here are my 2012 Goals.


2012goals
  (Coley from What Your Make It said its important to be specific with resolutions.)

Of course, there will be some unplanned crafts and recipes to share with all of you. And if I’m spending my time running, learning the camera, or relaxing with Matt, I’ll probably bore you with that too. Yes, this is a blog about our home. However, my attention span is too short to be all kitchen, all the time.


But the kitchen. MAN am I excited! More on those plans soon :) 

What are YOUR goals for 2012?


Thanks for visiting Newcomb Home! If you are new here and enjoy your visit, please subscribe for free via email or RSS or find us on Facebook to stay updated on the latest here at Newcomb Home. Thank you!
x

xSharing this post at
      Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pics of the kitchen remodel!! Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...love your word. So much in fact that I might make it my own. I've been wanting to do something BIG and DREAMY like "Soar" or "Flourish", but "Consistent" seems to be more of something I'm lacking.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi found you at the nester's-good luck with your goals too! Stop on by to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi found you at the nester's-good luck with your goals too! Stop on by to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Visiting from The Nester!
    I love the "one word" thing. I do that too! Love the one you chose.. I'm a lot that way too. I get all fired up about something but then I often have a hard time at staying consistent. Very inspiring!
    Loved your goal list too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some great goals, maybe we can do a blog swap sometime, I'm just venturing out to guest posting myself. A few blog friends and I introduced a new challenge idea Monday and it would be so fun if you want to join. If you have a second, check in at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/ to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post and think your goals are great! Can't wait to see how they are progressing :)

    Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes not being able to do it all 100% makes me paralyzed into not doing anything. I like how you made the thought of consistency a positive thing. Thanks for the insight. My word(s) are pursue love. I know I am not going to be able to love the whole world, but I can love those God puts in my path.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm stopping by from the Nester's link party. Great post and goals!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP