Monday, September 5, 2011

The Best Part of Blogging

How nice was it to wake up this morning and not have to go to work?!

I love government holidays. A guilt-free extra day. And really, don’t you think we should all work 4-day weeks? You’d think technology would help us be productive enough to warrant 3-day weekends all the time. Maybe I need to write a letter :)

Anyway, Matt and I have had a busy weekend so far. On Saturday we watched a very rough start to Oregon State football and attended a fun, beautiful wedding. A good friend of mine got married in the Columbia Gorge. If you’ve never been there, I’ll give you a taste. The view was like this.

gorge_crest_2 via

So much better though!

On Sunday we got to spend the day with MY SISTER who is home from South Korea. We just laid around and went to dinner, but it is so nice to be in the same town as her again. Yay!

This post has a point, I promise.

One of my very, very favorite things about blogging is that friends have come out of the woodworks excited to do crafts together, go thrifting, or talk about decorating. I love it.

A couple times I’ve had the honor of someone telling me, “Your post inspired me!”

I want to share a couple of those times with you. Back in March I posted about my $70 wall art that is the first (and only) thing on the wall of our big family room.

aftercloseup copy

A couple friends have made some scrapbook paper art themselves! I am beyond excited that my ramblings on this blog helped them decorate a wall in their homes.

First, one of my close college girlfriends sent me a pic of her version of the scrapbook wall art.

P1010142

Love it! J Bo (she’ll always be J Bo, even when we’re all grown up (will that ever happen?) and she’s ruling the world) bought her house around the same time we did and I love swapping stories with her about the good and bad of being a homeowner.

Did you like that use of double parens? My grammar is awesome.

The second pic is from a long-time friend who also used some scrapbook paper and frames to spice up her bedroom wall.

IMG_6660

Brynn said, “I got the frames on sale for $7.48 a piece at Michael’s and some of the paper in the scrap book aisle was also on sale! All in all I spent about $65 on this and I LOVE it”.

So happy these women are patient enough to read my blog (and be my friend!). I’m a lucky woman. Thanks gals for sharing your pics!

What is your latest artsy addition to your home?

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! And that's only the people that you KNOW that are doing that, think of all the people who read/use your ideas out there in blog-land!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog--michellepaige.blogspot.com. Yes, I'm 100% sure you can do the Painter's Tape Art! I love your art in the frames. I especially love it when people come back and show you their versions--so fun!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP