Wednesday, August 24, 2011

If I Had a Million Dollars (Pinterest Dream House)

Roeshel over at The DIY Showoff is hosting a Pinterest Daydreaming link party that sounded so fun, I'm happy to participate. After all, that’s what I do from 4:30 on at work everyday anyway :)

Funny thing for me about house daydreaming. My whole life changes. Not drastically, don’t worry.

These guys are still there.

Him too.

But when I imagine my dream kitchen, I’m usually standing in it, 15 pounds thinner, with perfect hair and ironed clothes, whipping up some delightfully calorie-free dessert.

So, picture me that way :) On with the day dreaming!

I can’t imagine what it’d be like to own this laundry room. I may even iron my clothes!

via

Seriously. That room is bigger than my kitchen. Love all of the storage and counter space.

And having an office without a Michael Jordan poster or Ninja Turtle figurines would be fabulous (its the only room in the house where my husband’s decor is displayed).

 via

And this living room. I’m not usually a country living-style person but look at those windows! Love. I feel more relaxed just looking at it.

via

This mud room is fantastic. I’d love to have any mud room at all. But in day dreaming land, I’d always be able to keep it this clean :)

via

And the kitchen. I’d love to cook those calorie-free desserts here.

via

Doesn’t it remind you of the kitchen from that Diane Keaton movie? You know, that one with Jack Nicholson?

Damn! What is it called?

Seriously, I stepped away from the computer for a few hours and its still not coming to me :)

Well anyway. Her house is beautiful in that movie.

At the end of the day, I’d love to rest my head here.

via

And finally, though this would be easy, I’d love to find the cajones to do this in our bathroom.

I think its awesome. I don’t care if its childish :)

What does YOUR dream house look like?

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. haha on the tub - you should totally do that w some vinyl letters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family Stone! That's the movie. And yes, it reminds me of that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dream home! I was thinking the kitchen from "Something's Gotta Give" ? I love that kitchen! Thanks so much for sharing your pins! I haven't seen most of these and love them!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!! And yep, the movie is Something's Gotta Give. I own it and LOVE that house!! FYI, it was all built on a soundstage. : ( The only part of that house that's real, is the exterior. Anyway! Geez, tangent. haha : )

    I "built" a dream home too. Stop by and check it out.

    ~ Catie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'd live there. You build a pretty fantastic house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That kitchen is so gorgeous, it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get naked! So cute. I also love the mud room, I so wish we had room for something like that! Oh and a laundry room, swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe I am too practical (or maybe I'm just a grinch), but all of those rooms are some shade of white... a color that doesn't seem too conducive to "living." All I can picture is mud covering the walls of that mud room, cat fur all over the white bedspread and splotches of marinara all over the cabinets. Maybe I've found the reason why brown is my favorite color. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sally, you grinch! :) Just kidding. I totally hear ya on the white! Though I must say, the cat hair shows up on my brown couches far more than the white rug. Maybe I should just decorate everything orange and black to match Carl and Diego?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we all have dream spaces! I used to wish for a bigger house...but I don't anymore! I think smaller is better...more time for living and less time cleaning, maintaining and organizing! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've often thought of going the Halloween color scheme route in order to hide the cat hair.... Maybe that's why you like Halloween so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just commented on another posting about the movie, I am such a dork! The kitchen you have pictured is exactly what my dream kitchen would be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What are the names of your cats? They look cute. Hehe, my girlfriend wants us to have one, but I haven’t decided what cat we should have. Can you suggest a good breed? On the other hand, when you do get to own that “all-white kitchen,” you probably have to clean it all the time ‘coz of the cats. ;)

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP