Friday, August 12, 2011

A little spray paint update

A long time ago, I picked up this tray from Goodwill. For some reason I was really drawn to the tree (leaf?) design in the center. However, I’m not a fan of the finish and its pretty beat up.

IMG_2703

I didn’t know what to do with it, but since the tree-leaf was whispering “Buy me! Buy me!” I snatched it right up.

Now that we have a giant ottoman in the family room (still not sure what I think about it), we need some trays in there. Where else can I set my wine while watching high quality educational shows Entourage and Jersey Shore?

IMG_2682

My goodwill tray was perfect for this, so I pulled out the brushed nickel spray paint and gave it a nice new finish. 

IMG_2711 It looks more metallic-y in real life

I think it helps light up the ottoman a little, and most importantly, keeps my wine glass upright. I do wish the tree stood out a little more. Maybe I can use a glaze to do that? I’ve never used glaze before.

IMG_2722

But for now, I definitely think the brushed nickel is an improvement. Spray paint does it once again!


Linked up at The DIY SHowoff's Project Parade and Pink Postcard's Transformations and Treasures Party. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love that a little spray paint changes the whole look. Great tray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Coming over from Pink Postcard.
    Very important to have something to hold your wine!!!!
    I use Jo Sonias burnt umber paint mixed with glaze on my pieces and it really helps to bring out detail like your tree. Just brush it on, then wipe the excess off. If you dont like it you can easily re-spray, but I think the burnt umber colour would work well with your ottoman.
    Cheers
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP