Thursday, August 4, 2011

Guest Blogger: What You Make it

Hi all! Please give a warm welcome to Coley from What You Make It! She was kind enough to guest post and her blog is one of my fave daily reads. Take it away Coley!

Hello all Newcomb Home readers!   I am so excited to be guest blogging for Katie today! 

Before I share a few of my own DIY projects with you, proper etiquette says I should tell you a little bit about myself...
That's me (and my husband)


I am Coley and I blog over at What You Make It.
I love DIY'ing, decorating, color consulting, event planning, thrifting, and anything else that makes my creative juices flow. Oh... and I'm a full-time nutrition coordinator so I kinda stress healthy living... just a bit :)
Now, on to the projects...
The first  that I would like to highlight is a little something that involves chalkboard paint. This stuff is all over blogland and for a good reason- it's fun AND practical!



All I did was paint the inside of one of my kitchen cabinets (I'm not bold enough to do the outsides!).  It is great for all those random notes, shopping lists, or a stupid conversion that I can never remember. And you can do it in one evening. Woohoo for simple!


Another fun project was making this DIY plant hanger.


I don't necessarily have the biggest green thumb, so it's perfect that these little guys aren't easy to kill.  They are so dang cute and they are a huge conversation piece in my house.  I'm sure you could figure out how to make your own version but if you would like to see how I made mine, the full tutorial is here.


The last DIY project I will share with you is DIY window art. 
I started with this poster...
and made it into this...
All it took was an old window pane, some painting, and a bit of cutting to fit the poster behind it. (The not-so-good tutorial is here.)  Make sure to use this tip when painting around the window panes!

Thanks so much for putting up with me today :)  And don't be shy- leave a comment with your blog address- I LOVE checking out all of your creative ideas!


Thanks Coley! I hope you all go check out her blog What You Make It!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. fun idea to paint the inside of the cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thant is SUCH a great idea! I have things taped inside all of my cabinets...so messy. Why didn't I think of this !? Brilliant
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coley is so sweet and so creative! Loved seeing a few of her ideas all in one place. Hi Coley! Hi Katie! Have a wonderful week, ladies! ;)

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP