Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Walnut Banana Rhubarb Muffins

I made up a recipe! I’m pretty excited. Even though I really combined two of them, I’m still excited. The last time I tried to do this Matt dubbed the meal “Katie Surprise” and wouldn’t eat it :)

We got some rhubarb in our CSA box. Last week I made a rhurbarb strawberry apple crisp, but this time I wanted to make something that I could eat for breakfast and get away with it.

Plus I had some bananas getting a little too ripe so I decided to make Banana Rhubarb muffins.

walnut banana rhubarb muffins

I googled for some recipes and ended up combining a Bisquick Banana Bread recipe with a Rhubarb Bread recipe. Keep in mind I was sorta making this up as I went along so bear with me.

Also, I’m sure you could make this as bread but I don’t own a bread pan, so all my breads turn into muffins. I imagine the baking time would be longer for the bread. But keep your eye on it!

Walnut Banana Rhubarb Muffins

Ingredients
2 2/3 cups Bisquick
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup plain yogurt
3 eggs
2 large very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/3 cup rhubarb chopped into little pieces
1/2 cup chopped nuts


The steps are really easy.

1. Mix together bisquick, white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, yogurt, eggs, bananas, vanilla, and lemon juice. Beat well.

rhubarb muffins

2. Stir in the rhurbarb pieces and walnuts.

banana rhubarb muffins

3. Pour into greased muffin tins or bread pan.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes (longer for bread, but I’m not sure because I didn’t do this). Pull them out of the oven when the edges are brown and a toothpick in the center comes out clean.

5. Let them cool for a few, and enjoy!

how to make rhubarb muffins

Yum! If you try them let me know how it goes!

banana rhubarb muffins

What other recipes do you like to use for rhubarb?

Thanks for visiting Newcomb Home! If you are new here and enjoy your visit, I’d love for you to subscribe for free via email or RSS to stay updated on the latest. Thank you!

Check out other great ideas at House of Hepworths, Flamingo Toes, and Addicted 2 Decorating. Pin It

1 comment:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP