We got some rhubarb in our CSA box. Last week I made a rhurbarb strawberry apple crisp, but this time I wanted to make something that I could eat for breakfast and get away with it.
Plus I had some bananas getting a little too ripe so I decided to make Banana Rhubarb muffins.
I googled for some recipes and ended up combining a Bisquick Banana Bread recipe with a Rhubarb Bread recipe. Keep in mind I was sorta making this up as I went along so bear with me.
Also, I’m sure you could make this as bread but I don’t own a bread pan, so all my breads turn into muffins. I imagine the baking time would be longer for the bread. But keep your eye on it!
Walnut Banana Rhubarb Muffins
2 2/3 cups Bisquick
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup plain yogurt
2 large very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/3 cup rhubarb chopped into little pieces
1/2 cup chopped nuts
The steps are really easy.
1. Mix together bisquick, white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, yogurt, eggs, bananas, vanilla, and lemon juice. Beat well.
2. Stir in the rhurbarb pieces and walnuts.
3. Pour into greased muffin tins or bread pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes (longer for bread, but I’m not sure because I didn’t do this). Pull them out of the oven when the edges are brown and a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
5. Let them cool for a few, and enjoy!
Yum! If you try them let me know how it goes!
What other recipes do you like to use for rhubarb?
|Thanks for visiting Newcomb Home! If you are new here and enjoy your visit, I’d love for you to subscribe for free via email or RSS to stay updated on the latest. Thank you!|
Check out other great ideas at House of Hepworths, Flamingo Toes, and Addicted 2 Decorating. Pin It