Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fourth of July Faves

The Fourth of July is about a week away, so I thought I’d share my picks of the best red, white, and blue decor (and of course, dessert!) around the blogosphere. We’re not doing anything at our house for the 4th so I’ve been lazy about decorating. Instead I just stare at all the great ideas online.


I grew up in a sub-development of a residential Portland neighborhood. I loved it when I was a kid; now I realize it was a bit Pleasantville-ish. But really, Pleasantville was a great place to grow up!


Each year the neighborhood got together for a Fourth of July celebration. In the morning kids would decorate their bikes with balloons, ribbon, and crepe paper and parade around the neighborhood, while the parents watched and drank beer at 10am. The parade was followed by a neighborhood softball game, BBQ, and of course fireworks. It was always so much fun, but now when I think of Fourth of July decor I picture a bunch of bikes haphazardly decorated with crepe paper streamers and balloons.


So I’ll leave it up to these ladies to give you some great Fourth of July decor ideas.


The first that caught my eye are these red, white and blue stars from Madigan Made.
 Fourth of July decorations
I bought some at the dollar store after seeing her post, but since I’m not doing Fourth decor, I’m going to save them for Christmas time. Check out Madigan Made for a tutorial.


Dandelions and Dust Bunnies made these cute pinwheels for her mantel. She explains how to make them here (so easy!). You could do different colors for any holiday, but they’re so fitting for summer.


fourth of july mantel


Scrambled Henfruit made these festive strawberries for the Fourth of July. Don’t you want to eat one right now?


fourth of july Strawberries


Tatertots and Jello made this fun rocket wreath out of a toilet paper roll! So clever!


wreath fourth of july wreath


Somewhat Simple shared these fabulous sugar cookies. They’re gorgeous, but I don’t know if I’d be able to recreate them (lookin’ at you, Hannah!). My cousin Hannah is a pro at cookie decorating.


4th of july cookies


Those are some of my faves for Fourth of July celebrations.
What are your plans for the holiday? Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I loved the 4th of July in your neighborhood, so many fun memories. It was quite idyllic for kids and families and I think every kids should have that sort of experience growing up! Love, love, the decorating ideas. I am thinking I will attempt the pinwheels, wish me luck! ~A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 4th. Love those strawberries, they are on my inspiration photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I am going to make some cookies for the fourth. I will bring some over to your house. Lover you.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring my stars! I bet you could do pretty things with them at Christmastime, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring my strawberries! You have lots of other fun ideas here for the fourth too. Those cookies are amazing! I hope you have a great holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for the shout out. What fun ideas you shared. Now I need to get busy on some more projects.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP