Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Romantic Tablescape, or My Reverse Psychology on the Weather

We’ve been having bouts of sunshine in Portland but overall, its still pretty gloomy outside. I can't wait to wake up to the sun peaking through the window, to see flowers blooming in the yard, and to enjoy a cold beer on a warm day. 

Matt and I in Corfu, Greece in 2007
 Sort of like that :)

Lately, I’ve been trying to infuse Spring into our house despite the rain, but today I decided to embrace the cozy feeling, break out some candles, and create a romantic tablescape to go along with the dreary weather.


I used a bright yellow tablecloth for some color against the all white decor.

DSCN1031

 DSCN1029

But I couldn’t let go of all signs of Spring because I just love this little guy.

DSCN1027

I’m not sure why, but I’m picturing a yummy breakfast to go along with this table.



Maybe its because its one of the only meals my husband willingly cooks? The other meal is dessert. Oh! And popcorn. (Sadly in our house those two often count as meals.) That’s his entire repertoire. But he makes a damn good chocolate chip cookie!

DSCN1023

I’m still getting used to ‘staging’ photos for the blog, hence the box for wine glasses in the background.

DSCN1023-1

I love the white ceramic pieces because they’re so versatile. I can change it up with some spring flowers or a different tablecloth and have a whole new look without having to buy all new stuff.

DSCN1025


tablewithouttext

What is your favorite go-to decorating item?

PS. Update: I wrote this post a few days ago, and its been pretty sunny in Portland since then! I had to change the title of the post before I published it because I’m foolishly taking credit for “reverse psychology-ing” the weather. Knock on wood the sunshine sticks around!

Linked up at Homemaker on a Dime and

Photobucket
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are getting some sunny days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the yellow! My kind of color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good for you for bringing the sun in. We;ve had not so nice weather here in Illinois...RAIN, go away! I'm about ready to hop a plane somewhere south, on the beach. Table looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your yellow tablecloth, very fresh and springy!
    Thanks for stoping by today, have a great week.
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linking this up with us made the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop better and more special. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP