Sunday, March 13, 2011

Excuses, Excuses (Or why we're not done with the bathroom yet)

Do you ever have one of those weekends where it leaves you more tired than you started, but you didn't actually get anything done? No? Oh. Must just be me. You'll have to teach me about those time management skills when I get off the couch and out of my snuggie.

I definitely had one of those weekends. Matt and I got to catch up with lots of friends and family at a going away party, a birthday party, and the Shamrock Run in downtown Portland.


Those are the guys at the front of the line. I was in the back retying my shoes and thinking about breakfast. At all races I can't stop retying my shoes. They never "feel right". I do it until the whistle blows and then think about my shoes and socks the whole race. Its a problem. I need help :)

The run was lots of fun and a great way to start a Sunday. It was also a good way to end a Sunday - I was pretty lazy the rest of the day.

On Saturday we did get a little bit of tiling done in the shower. A little bit. Here's the shower currently (not to mention we still have to tackle the rest of the bathroom).



We have two more rows left, the very top and bottom. Turns out when you've got two bathrooms you aren't in any hurry to finish up such a daunting project. I promise to have a much more interesting update by next weekend.

The other problem is that I have home improvement ADD and while I should have been tiling I started another project. Inspired by a post on Young House Love, I started making some art to go behind the couch in the family room.


 Its currently a work in progress, but I'll share the short how-to when I'm finished. If you have a stencil and acrylic paint its really easy.

I also decided that thinking about working on the bathroom isn't a good enough reason to skip all the housework. Actually working on the bathroom might be a good excuse, but we did little of that this weekend. Most of the house looks like this.



A mess. So I'm off to become reacquainted with the vacuum and steam mop and get organized for the week.

How was your weekend? Get any fun projects done? Do you love your snuggie as much as I do?  Pin It

3 comments:

  1. يمكنكم الآن التخلص من جميع مشاكل تسربات المياه التي تتعرض لها المصارف و المواسير من خلال شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام المتخصصة و التي يوجد بها أفضل الفرق المتخصصة في تسليك المجاري .

    للتواصل معنا يمكنكم زيارة موقعنا هذا :-


    http://abraj-dubai.net/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%83-%D9%85%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%89-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D8%B7%D9%8A%D9%81/

    ReplyDelete
  2. خدمات مميزة و علي مستوي عالي من خلال مركز صيانة ال جي الذي يضم أيضاً أفضل توكيل صيانة ال جي المعتمد و الذي يوفر جميع قطع الغيار الأصلية فيمكنكم الآن الإتصال علي رقم ال جي و سوف يقوم المركز بالتواصل معكم مباشرة .

    للتواصل الآن عن طريق :-

    http://www.maintenanceg.com/Lg-Agent-Service-Egypt-Center.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. تمتعوا الآن بأفضل اسعار شركات مكافحة حشرات بمصر
    من خلال الشركة الفرنسية أقوي شركة ابادة حشرات و تستخدم أفضل مواد ابادة و مكافحة حشرات تكون فعالة .

    للتواصل معنا عبر :-

    http://www.anti-insects.com

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP